Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Secret Room finished

You may have seen this after it had been bisque fired.  Now it has also been fired to cone 6, to bring it to glaze temperature without glaze...in order to vitrify the clay.




Then it was stained on the outside, and on details inside, with Burnt Umber permanent ink.


Alas, the doors have working hinges, but the last firing let the clay of the walls push onto them, so they no longer swing open.  Such is the weight of any wall upon a door. 

Looking through the heart you can see the other shaped windows.  But if you look towards the heart, this is what you'll see...


This is my main interior symbol...as detailed below.

And since this is no longer a secret, rather my secret room has become public, I'll tell you I'm the bird with three eggs, my three sons.  No comments about what kind of bird I might be.




I'm rather pleased with this sculptural building.  Size is 11 x 11 x 11 inches. 

It was a lot of fun to construct, and figure out various problems with slabs.  I dare say I'll make another house or two sometime.  But will it be secret?

3 comments:

  1. What do you think of the format, with most of the post below the "break line?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "break line" format just fine. I sure do like your Secret Room. It turned out even better than I imagined. Lots of neat details. I want it! ;-) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know what you think. You may be my most loyal reader! So I'll keep doing it.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...