Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, June 15, 2012

Art in Bloom student sale



The Student Fund Raiser sale for the Art in Bloom show at Black Mountain Center for the Arts...as seen my my camera.  (Of course I'm not allowed to take pictures of the great flower arrangements with art pieces which inspired them.)  This sale will happen only on Sat. this weekend.  Oh well.



I enjoyed volunteering at the Folk Art Center this morning.  Lots of folks from elsewhere.  Good gallery exhibits, and permanent collection of crafts.





Here's my big blue fruit bowl which is selling for $45...and half of that goes as support for the Center for the Arts.  Please come purchase it!




And I got somewhat inspired reading a book out of the extensive crafts library at FAC on the Blue Ridge Parkway (available if you stay there to look at things).  I read and looked at pictures in History of American Ceramics..  What an inspiring collection.  But I won't be making pots for the next week.



Going to not have anything to say for a few days probably.
Just so nobody will worry about me.  Both of you.



More fun to come! 



Send your good wishes for safe travels please.  I've been told St. Christopher no longer is in good graces with the Roman Catholics, and since I'm not one, I guess I can still ask his blessing my journey!   And please have your traveling goddess blessings sent my way too.



I'll catch up with you in a few days.


















Don't miss Mr. Bear!







3 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of pottery! Love those drums too. The dish garden really caught my eye.
    Have a safe trip Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe and fun trip, Barb! Magical dragonflies will be protecting you too, it just needs feeding from time to time....likes French fries. Love, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those drums and no flower arrangements, darn, your bowl looks super as does the whole show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...