Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Damaged in transit

I enjoyed throwing 6 mugs, trying some stamping on them, and had pulled the handles too.  But when I tried to take them home in the car, they all (the mugs being very soft still) all fell over and got bent out of shape.  I might have made square mugs out of them, but who wants to try to figure out how to get the corners right when you're on your first cuppa?

So...
time to recycle. I always cut thrown things in half to see how my walls are progressing.  These were pretty sad.  Still too thick at the bottom sides.

A bucket of worms?  No, the handles which are too dry to try to use on the next batch.

And so the worms and the half mugs go here...

Tomorrow I'll pile the clay on a plaster bat to firm up, though it may take a day or so.  Things are drying really slowly these days.'

 Quote for the Day:

Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize. Elizabeth Harrison 
'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...