Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Clay Flowers One

In honor of the Black Mountain Center for the Arts events, Art in Bloom, I'll share some of my clay flowers this week here.

Remember flowers can be rather sensual.  And textural.  And colorful.  Oh, you already know all that.





This is the first pot I made when returning to clay after 15 years or so working as a counselor and activity director.  I did do some work in paint, colored pencils, and mandalas during that time, but missed clay.  This is a pinch pot which was carved, bisque fired, then painted inside with acrylic paint.  The exterior is unfinished.


These are more recent decorative tumblers, with Phalaenopsis orchids as theme.



Art in Bloom events are described here. 


2 comments:

  1. I love that first pot, you should make more I thought the inside was blue glaze and the exterior was glazed with clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very sweet little candle holder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...