Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, October 27, 2014

Ready, set, go...

Let's see, make 4 mugs today...not a big goal, but should take my 3 hours of  open studio time.

 

Throw the cylinders on bats, set aside to firm up to leather hard. (Some days this takes over night)


Pull some handles, usually a couple of extras, and set them aside to firm up (but not become leather hard.)

Trim the bottoms of the mugs, (usually a next day job.)

Tomorrow, attach the handles. Note, if I have to wait over night I cover the handles with plastic so they stay flexible.

2 comments:

  1. have you ever brought work home to finish up there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Linda. Lots of times I start throwing at home on my own wheel, then take things to studio to finish. It's a toss-up, but I do depend on them to do all my firings...and they have the dozen plus glazes...which makes my membership worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...