Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Forest Project details

earlier today I posted the whole sculptural installation.
Here are some details.
The main piece is slab built, carved.  Oxides are the only finish, besides black paint on the ceramic base below the actual tree grove.

Oxides were applied in impressed and carved lines, wiped off.  Then I took a stiff brush and splatted more onto the whole large piece.

3 comments:

  1. There is something evocative about this work. I feel like I am being drawn to a place I may have visited once.
    Beautiful work, Barb! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this -- a sacred grove, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that was the inspiration, and I need to keep working on this idea to have more of the sense of being in an enclosed sacred space in the forest.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...