Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, April 3, 2015

Early yellow

Everyone was gaga over the daffodils last week.  I've always been told that western North Carolina can have a frost as late as Mother's Day.  That also happened last week.

Some smart people cut some branches of Forsythia and brought them inside to force them to bloom a week or so before they did outside.

I couldn't this year, though the house next door is still vacant, the caretaking relatives decided to prune the Forsythia bushes down to nubs...so the new growth didn't exist this year.

Looking over the fence at Forsythia blooming

However, I could still take photos as the buds turned into flowers...such a sweet promise of spring (which many of you may have already experienced, but some may still be awaiting its glories).


Today's Quote:


Snowflakes, leaves, humans, plants, raindrops, stars, molecules, microscopic entities all come in communities. The singular cannot in reality exist.
Paula Gunn Allen

3 comments:

  1. soon we will have those same yellow flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to cover my saucer magnolia and the three blooms it had are black, darn it all, our last frost date is supposed to be between May 10 and 20. Hope we don't get any more this year though as now my crabapple is starting to show buds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your neighbors cutting back the forsythia reminded me of a funny story...
    When my daughter was in high school my big forsythia in the side yard was always blooming when it was prom season... so of course I always took photos of her and her date in front of it. One year we went out for photos and it was not there!!! Her father had cut it back to the ground in the fall and I hadn't even noticed until that day :-/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...