Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Shelly turned 80

No, I'm not quite there yet.  It's fun to celebrate with friends when one of us does reach this mark.



Being willing to have a photo taken in silly sombrero is a good test of age and tolerance

I go around celebrating for him, and that getting older is a good thing, not something to put down.  Why is it so hard for people (including those of us who are past 65) to celebrate that age and becoming an elder is a positive experience.


Do NOT tell anyone they look younger.  They deserve all the wrinkles they've earned.

They are not necessarily "active" elders...but just remember what the alternative to old age is.


Today's quote:

Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.


It’s not just required luggage for surviving the weekend at the in-laws’ house--- this sentence contains every single letter of the alphabet, while using the smallest number of letters to do so. Go ahead and check; they’re all there.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun celebration! The quote is cool, I am going to have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Somewhere along in my long life I heard someone say that aging is not a put down but a privilege. A privilege to age -- I have kept that in mind when I hear put downs about someones age. I refuse to bend to those comments. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...