Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Being at the Appalachian Potters Fair in Marion NC


Just before the opening of the doors, with a crowd waiting to get inside form the cold.  We had a new booth this year next to bleachers in the gymn...seemed there weren't as many potters in there as last year.

My rather simple fare was next to a young man who made large and beautiful pieces.

I'm rather glad that many of my pieces didn't come home with me.  Selling the snack jars with a prepacked snack of their choice seemed to be a good idea.  And I finally did reduce my prices after it looked like the day was over but we still had several hours to sit there.  Does anyone else do that?

And my business partner, Cathy Babula, sold many of her works, including these two large pieces in the foreground.

Today's Quote:

One way to open your eyes is to ask yourself, "What if I had never seen this before? What if I knew i would never see it again?"
Rachel Carson

6 comments:

  1. I like that green scarf you have draped over the rack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing Santa's work this month, aren't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, I’m glad you had a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your booth and work look great!
    Jeff and I don't reduce prices at the end of shows (most shows don't allow it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see those pieces go to good homes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...