Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Some birds and flowers

Walking around Lake Tomahawk the morning after a rain...I was happily greeting by this lavender. I was happy, I didn't ask the lavender if it was.

Two young people walking ahead of me while staring at their phones in their hands; yes, Pokemon is here also!


Yes the water was full of sediment from upstream rains. I just walked on the shady side, up and back again.  Who says you have to go around?

Another walker paused to show me these baby birds tucked into the joists of the balcony above, and one of the parents anxiously waiting on a lamp on the wall.


She said the five babies would retreat into the nest if she made any noises toward them, so I stayed quiet. 
Do you know what kind of birds they are?

The terraced gardens along the walkway combine veggies and flowers. I've always liked to do that.


Today's quote:


Rings and jewels are not gifts, but apologies for gifts. The only true gift is a portion of thyself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers :) We are so parched this summer, just dust everywhere, this has never happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice walk!
    It's hard to tell what kind of bird she is. Possibly Phoebe? I only suggest it because the like to nest under eves and in nooks and crannies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barn Swallows, I do believe. And yes, lavender is always happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I planted lavender this year and albeit small, I am enjoying it. I agree with your about flowers mixed with vegetables. To me that is the perfect garden. My parents always kept them separate. They weren't bohemian like me ;-).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...