Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Monday, August 15, 2016

Anticipation

Panther says, "When will she wake up and feed me? She just keeps turning over, looking at the sky, which has been light for hours! But does she think about a poor cat's empty belly? Oh no, just her own lazy dreaming self.  Actually there was enough dry food that my belly isn't totally empty, but I saved room for that canned food with the meaty gravy which is my treat, even though it's only a tablespoon for each meal.  Oh I think I'll go lick her fingers, maybe that will work."

Glaze applied, not fired.

Barbara says, "Today maybe I'll see how the hummingbird platter came out from the glaze kiln. If it looks good, I can submit it to the show at the end of the month at Black Mountain Center for the Arts."

Barbara says, "I'm going back to the studio today. I've not stopped coughing exactly, so staying away didn't make that much difference. Can I still remember how to throw? I sure hope so!"

Today's quote:


"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children’s children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance."
Theodore Roosevelt

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful hummingbird. Hope it comes out of the glaze kiln even more lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great capture of the bird. It is always magical to see what the heat does to the glaze that you have applied. I bet it turns out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'll post a preview picture of the platter tomorrow. The better photos will come when the show is up. And I threw 4 mugs and 2 bowls, and one Jack-o-lantern (the bottom part) today. Tomorrow I'll pull handles and alter the bowls, and throw a lid and cut the Jack's face.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...