Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Green tomatoes


Having invested not too much time or money into the two tomato plants which I've sort of tended this summer, I have finally put some of the fruit on the windowsill.  Don't know if any of it will ever be edible.  Sauce time perhaps.  (Though I admit I don't really like tomato sauce on anything but pizza.)

But I could cook up a quart or two of pizza sauce, and freeze it, perhaps.

For now, I enjoy seeing how these globular fruits just stay mostly green.  I was going to fry some of them up for fried green tomatoes, but haven't gotten to it.


Quote for today:

There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, its hope, and its endurance.  
St. Paul

3 comments:

  1. From Michelle'
    Don't know why blogger didn't post this...
    The window sill method of ripening isn't the best. Try putting them in a cardboard box or a paper bag. Some suggest adding a banana to the container and for some reason that helps the ripening. I really missed having good tomatoes this year. We didn't plant any and the local sources had a bad year. :-( on End of summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara -- I don't know what the best method is for ripening tomatoes but I do know that if I leave them on a table or counter-top in my kitchen they ripen quite fast. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange smallish on in the lower photo became quickly covered with mildew along it's "stretch mark." The others are now tucked inside a cardboard box, trying to get some difference from them. I don't leave them more than 12 hours however, because I don't want the rest of them to get mildew on them. I think I'll have more orange ones off the vine in a little bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...