Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Lake walk day one

 Beyond the morning glories, there are the last tomatoes of this summer!

 Day one of new daily walking, in conjunction with eating at the Senior Center...and calorie counting to lose some weight before the holidays! I'll let you know when I reach my goal!

 I remember a lovely picnic with my friends George and Rosemary Beddingfield here.  That was my first year in Black Mountain NC
The Lakeview Senior Center on the other side of Lake Tomahawk.
 The geese up ahead have a couple of look-outs posted.  They probably won't mind my walking by.

 But soon every single one looks toward the footbridge.

 A dog (small, on a leash) is coming towards us
.

These are wild birds, and they know canines aren't their friends.

Some springtimes, they nest on the island, but raccoons usually raid the nests at night.  It's not easy being a Canada Goose!

Quote for today:

I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding. John O'Donohue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...