Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Chapter two - While they are closed

Another lovely teapot by a young adult clay student.


I keep saying adult students from the Clay Studio. because even at my age, I think of children when I hear the word student.  Many of these students have occupations (including attorneys, doctors, nurses, teachers etc.) and many are retired.


 Independent Student status means that some of us have enough knowledge to create on our own, without taking a scheduled class.  However, clay work is an ongoing learning experience, as any potter will acknowledge.




I'll share a few more pictures this week.  Don't forget to come see these beauties in person when the Black Mountain Center for the Arts opens again on Jan 3, 2017.
Got to practice typing 2017! 2017...

Today's quote:


I swear I will not dishonor my soul with hatred, but offer myself humbly as a guardian of nature, as a healer of misery, as a messenger of wonder, as an architect of peace. - Diane Ackerman

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Here is a blog viewer from the Netherlands. I read about your curiosity and I can give you an answer from my perspective. I came here following a pottery picture from Pinterest. I begun reading and I like your writingstyle and the consistent insert of quotes. Good ones and original ones. Your page is a breath of fresh air, being personal and not trying to sell me anything. I imagine people from Russia and France being drawn to your blog as inspiration seekers for clay. the alchemy part is also catchy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...