Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Bloom where you're planted

A few weeks ago I splurged and purchased a couple of amaryllis plants.

One of them had some leaves which had been clipped back. (on right above)

 And here one little bloom said hello!

 With 3 others right behind...and a hook formed from a hanger to keep the stalk vertical.

But look what those leaves on the other plant are doing...no bloom stalk, just leaves and more leaves!



 Now there are two!


I got tired of seeing leaves, leaves and more leaves.  There's a flower bud started, but apparently this plant has the wrong message.  So clip clip, snip snip, and the leaves are cut back again.  What do I have to lose, I think?
And now there are 4 blooms.  And notice the correct size that leaves are coming along.  This plant knows the order in which things are supposed to happen.

Today's quote:


Every morning is like a new reincarnation into this world. Let us take it then for what it is and live each moment anew.
Paul Brunton

3 comments:

  1. The one performed nobly. I'm still waiting for my amaryllis to bloom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amaryllis are so pretty, I have never grown one. You have inspired me to give it a try. At this point will I have to wait for next year? That's how much I know about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they sold out around here before Christmas. If you can find one, go for it!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...