Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, March 5, 2017

More hints as to what I'm making


A pile of mud on top of a plaster form...I trim a lot of clay which goes into that red bucket, and when there's more clay than water, it gets recycled.

There are the forms as I fit pieces together...and hope that they will fit after firing!

At the beginning and end of each open studio time, I get my work from and return it to my 2 little shelves.  Someone wanted to see what my "damp box" shelf looks like.  Here it is! The plastic is on all 6 sides, and tucked under the edges as much as possible.  This plastic is the same kind that the clay is sold in, so I figure it should work for a few days, as long as there aren't any cracks around the edges.  So far it's been great!

And now they wait for a bisque firing.  These are my a**s- backwards teapots...and if they should fit the handles which were a gift, then that's proven that going backwards can sometimes work too.  The manager said he makes the teapot first then goes and buys the handle.  I've never tried making 4 of them, so if a couple fit the handles, I'll be ecstatic. I'm really easy to please.

Today's quote:



We understand that we want to be better but have no clear definition of what better means and that is part of the process. Madisyn Taylor
 



1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good! Good idea to make four... and won't it be terrific if they all work out?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...