Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Whole-Being Health

Be proactive...in your health issues.  Try to eat right, get exercise, plenty of rest, have stress-free lives.

Then bam! Something out of the blue comes along, and there you are hospitalized for something you never gave a single thought to.

brain games brain games

I had a relative who got dementia as a result of multiple strokes. 

I worked with elderly people for ten years in either Assisted Living Facilities (ALF's) or Skilled Nursing Facilities or Nursing Home (SNF's).  Many were suffering from some forms of memory deprivation, and many from Alzheimer's Disease.

I recently re-watched, and saved Lisa Genova's TED talk HERE about How to Prevent Alzheimer's Disease.  This is one I can do!  And be warned, she doesn't just recommend keeping busy doing crossword puzzles.  It will take a bit more effort.

So I've returned to my Conversational Spanish class weekly.  And I'm working on some other new things that stimulate the building of new synapses in my brain...more exercise for the brain is definitely one of them!

Improve Your Memory (Level 1 of 3): Fewer Synapses, More Efficient ...



I'm also using a tool kit which I received when I studied counseling, where I learned methods of pain relief using our brains, where I learned self-hypnosis to deal with habits that are difficult to break, and where I re-learned the power of our brains in conjunction with our bodies...focusing on Whole-Being Health.

Thanks to a friend for recommending Reynolds Price's book from 1995, "A Whole New Life: An Illness and A Healing."

So I'm not perfect yet, but I'm committing myself to working on myself.  After all, if I don't nobody will!

Today's quote:


Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy.  This is physics.   
Albert Einstein


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...