Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Moon Dancer Three

First as she was drying, waiting for second stage.






I waxed the edges of smaller parts as she dries...hoping that they will all dry more evenly that way.  She is totally hollow, including head and arms.  I've got a few more things to do in the next stages, of course.  First a bisque (cone 05), then to add some glazes or stains.  Then a higher firing to cone 5-6, and then to glue on a couple of crystals on her skirt area.

She's bisqued, waiting for some stain to bring out carving details.



 I'm not using glaze as a final surface, but rubbing it into the details so they will "pop" a bit more...with black glaze.

I'll let you see her, hopefully before Christmas!

Today's quote:


Within us is the soul of the whole, the wise silence, the universal beauty, the eternal One.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


1 comment:

  1. she is beautiful, can't wait to see her finished, is she hollowed out or solid?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...